I like to use this cave for beginner trips because it is stable. But I’ve never seen this much water in this cave. Parts that usually have a little sticky mud had water over the top of my thigh. I choose to avoid the lower parts of the cave. For most of the girls this was their first wild caving trip. I didn’t want to take any chances with them and I didn’t want anyone cold and miserable. But they all got very muddy, and had a blast. How could I tell? Watch the video. Listen to all the laughing and the smiles at the end of the trip. The one issue I did have was that my camera lenses became muddy and I didn’t realize it. Most of my videos and pictures were through smears of mud and I could use them. I learned from this and hope to do better next time.
For more pictures, look at our Facebook page.
Let me plug my resources into your program.
- I provide essential safety equipment for the day. I can provide other equipment that your Girl Scouts and Leaders may find convenient.
- I have resources that most commercial outfitters don’t have, such as relationships with land owners and managers to get permission to enter wild caves on private properties. Yes, “caves”. If your Troop has been on a beginner trip with me already and want to try something a little more challenging, that can be arranged easily.
- I have been taking Scouts cave exploring for many years and have developed a reputation of leading a fun, challenging, educational, and safe trip. Check out my Facebook Page and blog for stories and pictures of my adventures.
- I have FBI and Pennsylvania State clearances for child abuse prevention. I also have First Aid and CPR/AED with Child CPR.
- I take plenty of pictures and video for your Troop to share with your families and friends (it’s the only way they will believe what you really did).
- I also know the best pizza places for dinner after the caving trip.
Make your Troop awesome with caving as part of your program. Make my resources part of your Troop’s program.Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to start a conversation about taking your Troop caving.
Cave Safely, Cave Softly, Cave Often,
Youth Opportunities Underground - Founder