Ohio Valley Region Regional Coordinator
The purpose of an NSS Youth Regional Coordinator is to provide informational assistance to cavers, grottos, and youth group leaders so they may conduct safe and appropriate cave-related experiences. In addition to caving trips, these experiences may include presentations on ethics, geology, biology, techniques, and safety, as well as other topics of speleology.
- Monthly written report with:
- Progress - Accomplishments
- Plans – Projects To Do
- Problems and Challenges
- adhere to all guidelines, policies, and requirements of the National Speleological Society (NSS).
- adhere to all guidelines, policies, and requirements of the appropriate youth group organization.
- treat all youth groups with equal consideration.
- make themselves available to grottos within their region, to assist them in working with youth groups.
- make themselves available to youth groups within their region, to assist them in conducting safe caving trips and learning about caves.
- promote responsible caving practices for youth groups.
- promote responsible caving practices by grottos and cavers when working with youth groups.
While not required by the NSS YGLC at this time, most youth organizations may require;
- State background checks
- FBI Clearances
- Red Cross, or equivalent CPR and First Aid
- Cave Rescue training